Advice for private tenants
Whether you've lived in the private rented sector for a long time or are considering moving into a rented home, you have certain rights which are protected by law.
It's important to know, not just your rights as a tenant, but also your responsibilities. If you're a landlord, renting out your property to tenants, make sure you know your rights and responsibilities too.
- Also in Advice for private tenants
- Ending a private tenancy
- Coming to the end of a tenancy agreement
- Giving and receiving Notice to Quit
- Ending a joint private tenancy
- Leaving a private tenancy early
- Paying up and moving out
- Getting your deposit back
- Evicted from a privately rented property