Make sure you understand your responsibilities to the Housing Executive
Your responsibilities to the Housing Executive
There are things you have to do to keep your tenancy
You have to:
- pay the rent and the rates when they are due
- keep your property and its yard or garden in good condition
- carry out the repairs which are your responsibility
- replace items that you damage
- tell the Housing Executive about any problems in your home as soon as they happen
- make sure that you or anyone visiting your home isn’t causing antisocial behaviour
- leave the property in a decent, clean condition if you decide to end your tenancy.
Getting permission for certain changes
You should tell the Housing Executive if things change in your home.
You need to get permission from the Housing Executive to
- swap your tenancy with someone else
- sublet part of your property
- decorate the outside of your property
- make changes or improvements to your property
- add a shed or any other building
- convert your loft or make any other structural changes
- keep more than one pet
Get any permission in writing. Keep a copy of the letter or message giving you permission.