When everyone has a home

Housing advice for Northern Ireland

Help for landlords in Northern Ireland

Make sure you know what help is out there.  Landlords can get some financial help with certain repairs and improvements.  Joining a professional support body means you'll be more aware of these schemes and of any upcoming changes in housing legislation, policy and practice.  This means you can be confident that you're doing everything you should be doing to manage your business properly and stay on the right side of the law.   Professional training and support can help you deal with any problems that arise with your tenants and help you manage your properties effectively.

If you're planning on making certain improvements to your property, you may qualify for financial assistance. You'll also be entitled to certain tax allowances.

Professional bodies such as the Landlords Association of Northern Ireland, the National Landlords' Association and Housing Rights may be able to provide assistance and training if you on your legislative requirements and how to resolve problems with tenants. These agencies can also help you keep up to date with changes in the private rented sector and how they will affect you and your business.

Landlord Advice NI

Landlord Advice is a free, confidential advice service for landlords in Northern Ireland.