The Housing Executive can find you emergency housing if
- you seem to be homeless, and
- you seem to be vulnerable.
Help if you can't get housing due to your immigration status
The Housing Executive may be able to find you emergency housing if
- you are not entitled to help because of your immigration status, and
- you are sleeping rough.
Emergency housing if the Housing Executive can't help
You may be able to get a bed in an emergency shelter. You can
- contact the Simon Community on 0800 171 2222
- call local homeless shelters
- go to a nightshelter
Nightshelters in Northern Ireland
These emergency nightshelters may have a bed for the night
- The Welcome Centre has emergency beds for homeless women
- Morning Star House in Belfast
- Centenary House in Belfast
You have to queue up for these beds. You can't usually reserve a bed.
Helping someone who is homeless
If you see someone who is homeless and you want to help, you can
- talk to them to see if they need anything
- contact an outreach service and ask them to check up on the person.
In Belfast, you can contact
In Derry/Londonderry you can contact
Contact the Housing Executive on 03448 920 908 if the person is in another area.