The Housing Executive is the main organisation dealing with homelessness in Northern Ireland. It is responsible for
- helping people who say they are homeless
- finding temporary housing for certain people
- giving people advice and information about homelessness and housing
- funding services that help people who are homeless
- coming up with plans and strategies for dealing with homelessness.
Getting help with homelessness from the Housing Executive
Contact the Housing Executive on 03448 920 908 if
- you have nowhere to live
- you have to leave your home within 28 days
- it's unreasonable for you to stay at your current home.
Explain that you are homeless and ask for a homelessness assessment.
The Housing Executive will
- see if there's any way to help you to stay in your home
- check to see if you pass 4 tests for homelessness
- talk to you about temporary housing if you have nowhere to stay.
Contact our helpline if you want to know more about your housing rights and options.