The Housing Executive and housing associations have a number of responsibilities to their tenants. If you’re not happy with the service provided to you by the Housing Executive or your housing association use the complaints procedure.
Your landlord shouldn’t bother you as long as you’re keeping to the terms of your tenancy agreement. It has certain responsibilities, and has to
- carry out any repairs which it is responsible for
- decorate the outside of your property once every seven years
- give you permission to sublet, transfer or exchange your property if it’s reasonable to do so
- allow you to keep lodgers
- work with you to try to manage the situation if you fall into rent arrears.