When everyone has a home

Housing advice for Northern Ireland

Improvement scheme

The Housing Executive uses improvement schemes to update older houses and make sure your home is safe.

Areas with large numbers of houses in disrepair can be vested by the government. In Northern Ireland this work is normally done by the Housing Executive. This means that owners of these properties are legally required to sell them to the Housing Executive. The Housing Executive will buy these properties at their current market value and redevelop the area for social housing.

You may get compensation if your landlord damages your home or you've improved it.

Subscribe to RSS - Improvement scheme Subscribe to Improvement scheme