When everyone has a home

Housing advice for Northern Ireland

Safety standards

If your property has a gas heating system or any gas appliances you must ensure that these are checked annually by an engineer who is listed on the Gas Safe Register. Annual checks are recorded on a log called a Gas Safety Record. You must keep these records up to date and keep them for at least 2 years.

You need to make sure the wiring and electrics in your home are safe. It's best to have a qualified electrician check the property before you rent it out. 

You must make sure any furniture in the property meets fire safety standards.

Depending on the type of property you're living in, your landlord may be expected to provide fire safety measures and an adequate means of escape from fire.

Subscribe to RSS - Safety standards Subscribe to Safety standards