When everyone has a home

Housing advice for Northern Ireland

UC housing costs if you can't live in your home or are living in two homes

The housing costs element of Universal Credit can only help with costs on the home you are actually living in. You can sometimes get help to pay rent for a home you're not living in , but this depends on why you aren't living there. 

You can only get Universal Credit to cover the rent on 2 different properties in special cases.

It is sometimes possible to get help with the housing costs for a home you aren’t living in, but this depends on your reasons for not staying there and on whether you plan to return to this home.

Universal Credit will usually only pay rent for a property you are living in.  But, in certain cases it can pay a month's rent before you move in.

Universal Credit can help you to pay rent on 2 different homes, but only in certain cases.