When everyone has a home

Housing advice for Northern Ireland

Help with rates for Universal Credit claimants

You can’t get help with rates as part of your Universal Credit claim. Instead, you will be able to apply for a rates rebate. Land & Property Services will be in charge of managing the rates rebate system. People who are not living in a Universal Credit area or who are still being treated under the old benefits system can continue to receive Housing Benefit for rates and Rates Relief.

This short animation explains how you can apply for a rate rebate to help with the cost of paying rates on your home. You can find out more elsewhere on our website.