Universal Credit is a new benefit and it can be difficult to understand, even for people who have worked with benefits for years.
It is really important to get advice if you
- Think that a decision on your Universal Credit claim is wrong,
- Have been sanctioned and are struggling to manage,
- Are not able to manage the online system,
- Are struggling financially since you started claiming Universal Credit.
There are lots of organisations who can help.
Getting help with the housing part of your claim
- if you are homeless,
- if you are struggling to pay your rent or mortgage,
- if you think a decision about your housing costs claim is incorrect or
- if you’ve had difficulties claiming help with your housing costs as part of your Universal Credit claim.
Getting help with other parts of your claim
Find a list of agencies who can help with other Universal Credit problems on our website. These agencies can help with problems, like
- Getting help with childcare costs
- Decisions on your ability to work
- Applying for advances